Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fundamentals of Camera Club Judging by Hal Wise

Myself in Central Australia 2009. Photographed by Lesley Thompson
I don't know whether Mr. Wise is still alive.
He used to be, I think, a regular contributor to the Australian Photography Magazine many years ago.
I tried to find current things about him on the internet so I apologise if I inadvertently have breached copyright.
There is no copyright notice on this little booklet I found in my archives.
Camera clubs are great places to learn photography and are still in existence.
Over the years I have infrequently attended the Marion Church of Christ Camera Club which has always been very well run.
http://www.marioncc.org.au/?page_id=18
My problem with camera clubs was the judging of images.
That may have changed now.
I always believs the guidelines of good composition are important but such rules can be defied and a pleasing result is still obtained.
Below is a link to follow up for a camera club in your area.
http://members.optushome.com.au/ausclubs/
On reflection I think it would be better to be a part of a physically located camera club than an online one.
For some that may be impossible but to meet actual people and sit down and talk with them and share a cup of tea and a biscuit is much more attractive.
Perhaps that shows my age.













No comments:

Post a Comment