Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

More Encounters with Birds


I have advised on this post before of the fact a Collared Sparrowhawk "visits" our backyard from time to time. A week ago  I walked outside and heard the distress cry of a White Plumed Honey Eater. We call them "Greenies"and deduced that the Sparrowhawk was back. Sure enough there he was sitting in our large "Weeping Myrtle" tree munching on a victim.It is my intention to put up some posts of "the birds in our Backyard". We get a colourful and noisy variety.Anyway here is latest pic of the Sparrowhawk. My wife wants me to chase it away whenever it "visits" but there is not much you can do about it. We say that's how "nature" is. While Birds of Prey are created to tear flesh with their beaks, I am sure that death came about because of the fall of man and look forward to the day when there is no more death in the Human and Animal world as taught in the Bible."The Lamb will lay down  with the Lion".

No comments:

Post a Comment