Blog Archive

Monday, August 8, 2011

About This Blog

July 2009-The Breakaways near Coober Pedy


Greetings and welcome to my Blog,

I started this blog in August 2009.

There are things photographic and things pointing us to the cross of Jesus and a diversity of other topics.
 For those who come across my blog and knew me years ago from sport or different walks of life, please note I became a Christian when I was 28.

You will find I am still much the same person as back then but hopefully a bit wiser and a bit more mature.

For the Christians viewing the blog my prayer is you will find something useful and even life changing.

For non Christians and /or photographers and birdwatchers etc I trust you will find things of interest and useful. I have decided to share my knowledge of photography learnt over many years of experience. You may find something of interest among the Christian articles.

One of my heroes in the Faith who has recently died, John Stott, was a Theologian , Author, Photographer and Birdwatcher.
From people like him and my Mentors in the Christian faith, Harold Long and Frank Hunting I find my human inspiration and motivation and things they have taught that I want to share with others.

My late Father in Law, Dud Foweraker was an inspiration as also was my late father, Glen Thompson.

There are Bible studies and booklets, in particular by Frank Hunting, that I have posted in serial form eg. "Praying in agreement and authority  for someone addicted to drugs."
To get the most benefit from such posts it would be best to sift through the archives to their start date.

Podcasts are now happening on this blog and also my blog on Life Changing Christian Sermons.
Some podcasts are video and some audio.
The sermons are Audio but in the form of a video with a continuous image.
The podcasts can also be found on my youtube channel simply called Geoff Thompson.Or Pembridgehouse.
https://www.youtube.com/user/pembridgehouse
For the record I have been a photographer since the 1970's and a Wedding Photographer since 1975. A Christian since 1974. An Australian Government worker from 1964 to 2010, largely in people helping roles mainly in Counselling( Employment and Rehabilitation) and Welfare for the Disadvantaged in Australian Society.

In retirement I am active in helping out with Lay Preaching in The Parkrose Nursing Home Congregation and also in the two Uniting Church Congregations in Renmark, South Australia.

I also occasionally teach photography privately to those who ask and do sometimes conduct group training in photography.

Please note from time to time I re visit previous posts and add or subtract information as I see fit.
Quite often I think of something I should have said or come across an image or video that would enhance the original post so I add it.
Occasionally I delete a post or put it on hold as I reflect more on what I have said.

PHOTOGRAPHY
Enjoy my Blog but please note all photos on this blog are copyrighted to myself and are not made available for commercial gain unless agreed to with me.
I do get approached from time to time about using images and usually, if I agree, a donation to an agreed charity is my normal practice rather than a personal payment to myself.
If appearing in a publication I would usually like my name as author of image published.
Where I don't hold copyright I will say so or it will be obvious if linked to another internet site.
I do have a large archive of images dating back to the 1970's when I started taking photographs and some before that.
I have a very good scanner and can produce digital files from all my past negatives and transparencies.
If you can't find what you are looking for on my blog posts I may have something that fits your bill so email or call by mobile  0417867476.
I am happy to take on a limited number of commercial photography assignments on a freelance basis.
Also one on one or small group training in photography is available.
I also upload to flickr from time to time.
Here is the link.
https://www.flickr.com/people/77135519@N04/
BLOG SUBJECTS
Please note that  people I mention on this blog, some  who are my good friends, don't necessarily share the same world view I have nor I theirs.
I promote the work and lives  of many who I admire and value some as personal friends.
I may not agree totally with the theology of some I highlight.
I've the view that If I am wrong my God will lead me to the truth.
If they are wrong He will do the same for them.
I think there is support for this in the words of Paul.
"Philipians 3.
Following Paul’s Example
15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained."
I try to avoid criticism of people and I strive to lift them up.
Judge not! The Bible says.
Please note that I do remove comments from time to time.
I may do this on a snap judgement at times with out following links suggested by the commenter.
I may be doing myself and the commenter a dis service so I apologise if I have not followed suggestions.

Geoff Thompson

Ps It would be good if all Christians reading this blog started off reading the post in September 2009 on The Cross of Christ and let it really take hold of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment